Reiki (pronounced 'Ray-Key'), a laying on of hands healing technique thousands of years old, is the Usai system for natural healing discovered by Dr. Mikao Usai, a Japanese Buddhist, in the late 19th century. Closely following the formula he found in the Indian Sanskrit 'Sutras', he received the healing powers of Reiki and the power of transferring this power to others.
Before his transition around 1930, he gave the Master attunement to 16 teachers, one of whome was Dr. Chujiro Hayashi. Before he died, he asked Dr. Hayashi to accept the responsibility of preserving Reiki so that it would not be lost as it had been in the past.
Dr. Hayashi opened the first Reiki clinic in Tokyo and passed on the complete teaching to Hawayo Takata, who had been cured by Reiki herself and who gradually spred Reiki around the world.
WHAT IS REIKI?
'Reiki' is combination of two words 'Ray' and 'Key'. Meaning of 'Ray' is Universal and 'Key' means life energy. In this way Reiki can be defined as a Universal Life Force Energy. Reiki, the Usai system of natural healing, is not only the most simple and natural healing method we know of, but it is also the most effective way of transferring this Life Force Energy. Once a person has been opened up to become a 'channel' for Reiki, concentrated Life Energy will flow through his hands of its own accord and he will retain this ability for the rest of his life.
Reiki is a powerful self healing method that also promotes complete relaxation. 'Ki' is the nonphysical energy used by all healers. 'Ki' is around us and can be guided by the mind
Reiki is the non physical energy that animates all living things.
As long as something is alive it has a life force circulating through it and surrounding it. When it dies, the life force departs. If your life force is low, or if there is a restriction in its flow, you will be more vulnerable to illness. When it is high and flowing freely, you are less likely to get sick. Life force plays an important role in everything we do. It animates the body and is also the primary energy of our emotions, thoughts and spiritual life.
Reiki supports the bodies natural ability to heal itself.
- Heals on all levels whether mental, spiritual, physical or emotional.
- Loosens up blocked energy.
- Cleanses the body of all toxins.
- Increases intuitive awareness.
- Strengthens one's self immune system.
- Helps one to meditate.
- Increases psychic sensitivity.
WHO CAN LEARN REIKI?
Anyone can learn Reiki. The ability to learn Reiki is not dependent on intellectual capacity, nor does one have to be able to meditate. Reiki is a pure form of healing not dependent on individual talent or acquired ability. Thus, as it is not affected by the healers personality, the significance of the experience is never clouded. It is simply passed on from the competent teacher to the student. As soon as this happens, one has and can do Reiki. It is easily learned by anyone, even children.
HOW DOES REIKI HEAL?
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where negative thoughts and feelings are present. This causes negative energy to break apart and fall away. In so doing, Reiki clears, straightens and heals energy pathways, allowing the life force to flow in a normal and healthy way.
SELF TREATMENT AND HEALING OTHERS:
Reiki is essentially a powerful self healing method. However, after the 21 days of practice of ones self, Reiki can be channeled to others where it works as well as it does on ones self.
WHAT CAN BE TREATED?
Reiki is both powerful and gentle. All acute or chronic physical, mental or any life problem can be healed through Reiki. In its long history of use, it has aided in healing virtually every known illness and injury, including serious problems like multiple sclerosis, heart diseases, cancer, skin problems, cuts, bruises, headache, cold, flue, broken bones, sore throat, sun burn, fatigue, insomnia, impotency, poor memory, lack of confidence, asthma, etc. It is always beneficial and also works to improve the effectiveness of all other types of therapy. Reiki will improve the results of other types of medical treatment, acting to reduce negative side effects, shorten healing time, reduce or eliminate pain, reduce stress and help create optimism.
THE REIKI PRACTITIONERS ENERGY NEVER GETS DEPLETED:
Because it is channeled healing process, the Reiki practitioners energies never get depleted. In fact, Reiki consciousness considers both, the practitioners and the one receiving Reiki to be in need of healing, so both get treated. Because of this, giving treatment always increases ones own energy and leaves one surrounded with a feeling of well being.
IS REIKI A RELIGION?
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not.
REIKI HAS NO HARMFUL EFFECTS:
Because Reiki is guided by higher consciousness, it can never do harm. It always knows what a person need and will adjust itself to create the effect that is appropriate for him. One never need worry about whether to give Reiki or not. It is always helpful.
FEATURES OF REIKI:
- Reiki is taken not given. We are mere channels of energy and not healers. Everyone heals himself or herself.
- Do not be attached to results. Patients take in as much energy as required and use this as in appropriate to them.
- Energy Flow - coming from above - flows through the Crown Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Throat Chakra, heart and through their extensions - the hands.
- Reiki acts on Aura Level, Physical Level and Emotional Level and is thus is a wholistic system of healing. Reiki goes directly into the Chakras and from there into the endocrine system that produces hormones. Hormones keep our body in good health and balance.
- Reiki is independent of thoughts, feelings, belief systems and faith.
- Reiki is a healing method which has no religion.
CONCEPT OF REIKI:
- Do not be a doctor. We are merely channels and the patients heals himself or herself.
- Reiki is not given. It is made available to the patient who draws as much energy as is required.
- Reiki is given only when asked for. It is not the duty of any healer to help where healing is not asked for or unwanted.
- There should be an exchange of energy for the healer's time. It is not right to keep a person indebted for services rendered.
- Do not be attached to the results.
- To create an attitude of gratitude is to create a life filled with love and abundance.
- Attunement is the process of opening a channel for energy to flow.
- Attunements after each person differently depending upon ones vibratory level.
- One can continue to increase ones energy level and healing capacity by treating oneself daily and treating others whenever possible.
Reiki is not taught the way other healing techniques are taught. It is transferred to the student by the capable Reiki Master during an attunement process. This process attune up the Crown, Heart and Palm Chakras and creates a special link between the student and Reiki source. So one should be beware of non capable or fraud Reiki Masters.